Oh my, can you believe we're already halfway through the 2016?
It's so insane, right?
But we're not here today to discuss the fact the time flies by way faster than it should, we're here to chit-chat about our May, with all the good and bad things it has brought to us.
So, let's begin!
Funny thing is, yesterday I took a peek at my April post to remember what I wrote about and more importantly, what goals did I write down for May.
As I was going through the list, I quickly realised that I didn't really manage to fulfill most of them, especially the one that says 'less computer time', but on the other hand I did manage to do loads of other things that weren't on the list but are maybe even more important. So yay for me!
Somewhere in the middle of May I became fully aware that my last semester ever is only a few weeks away from being over. Finished. Done.
And I can't even begin to describe how happy that fact makes me!
Seriously, guys, I can't wait to be done with uni once and for all. Currently I'm working on a few projects for my exams which will start in a few weeks and am writing my masters thesis (photographs are already finished and ready to be printed) and as soon as I hand it over I'm done.
Yes! Finally! I just can't be a student any second longer, my head and heart are completely through with it.
During this month I also decided to put an end to my Forever, your teddy bear project.
It was a tough decision to bring and I've spent a lot of time thinking and talking about it but in the end I knew the time has come to say goodbye.
All the portraits I've shot will be a part of my MA project and there's only one last thing I'm gonna do and that's filming a video with my artistic statement which will clarify everything.
I'll be pretty vague about it right now because at the moment I can't say anything out loud, but this experience has taught me that sometimes no matter how hard you try, how much love/work/effort/hope you put into something, things don't work out the way they were supposed to and it has absolutely nothing to do with you.
Sometimes the cold, real world wins. But it's not the end of the world because you know how they say - when life gives you lemons, make limoncello!
I dedicated so much of my time to the blog and I'm beyond happy with everything that's been going on around here recently. Some of the favourite posts I've ever written are the ones from May, which makes me so proud. I'm so happy to see how this place grows on a daily basis and your comments only make me try and work harder and better, even at times when all I feel like doing is watching tv shows and eating chips.
And what are some of my plans, hopes and wishes for the upcoming month?
* I want to get rid of all of my exams at the Academy and finish writing the masters thesis. Even though the deadline isn't until mid-July, I want to make it a past tense before then so I can properly focus on things I enjoy waaay more, which is blogging and beach days.
* I'm looking forward to spending some time in Šibenik and Zagreb and can't wait to finally see some of my favourite blogging friends because it's been years since the last time we managed to catch up in person.
* Also, my sister is coming here to Rijeka to spend her birthday with us which is the best news ever!
* I will add some new/old topics to the blog which includes beauty, little style pieces (but not outfits), movies of my life and photography tips. If you have any wishes for the upcoming posts, please let me know, especially regarding photo tips - the ones you are interested the most in I'll cover the first!
* I sincerely hope the weather is gonna stop being so insane and that rainy days are finally behind us so I can enjoy the sunshine, ice-cream, long walks, beach and the sea.
And that's it!
Now is your turn, tell me how was your May and do you have some plans and wishes for June?