I have always been in love with creating different lists - on a daily basis, monthly, half-yearly and yearly as well. Pretty much every single day on mine starts with writing down certain goals and tasks for the day and that little ritual is almost sacred to me. I always do it in silence, when I'm fully relaxed so I can properly focus on the things I'm writing down.
Those lists, especially the daily ones, are a down to earth, realistic things which are important to me and they range from - take Frida out for a long walk, order pizza to edit photos from xy shoot, spend the afternoon writing scenario etc.
I never make them sound impossible or put too many different things in one day, no, that would make me go crazy instead of feel calm and productive. I'm quite aware of how many working hours in a day I have and I know how much work I can squeeze into them. And here's why I love this process so much...
1. They help me stay focused and organized.
2. Crossing things off at the end of a day feels amazing.
3. They help me not to drift away from my goals and things I want to achieve.
4. I don't burden my head with remembering so many different things on a daily basis - I just write them all down at the beginning of an each day.
5. Pretty stationary is always there to brighten up your day and even the most boring tasks.
6. I love the feeling of writing things down by hand.
7. You get the sense of what's really important to you and what simply isn't.
8. There's less time for procrastination when almost every day is scheduled.
9. They make me learn to value my free time more.
10. Writing things down inspires me to do more and better on a daily basis.
And what about you - are you just like me when it comes to writing lists or the exact opposite?