My name is Matea and I'm addicted to sneakers.
Vans, Startas, Converse...the more the merrier.
I feel awesome wearing them, they perfectly fit my 'always on the road' lifestyle and they actually make me HAPPY. Seriously, when it comes to shopping, nothing excites me more than a brand new pair of sneakers and new sunglasses.
So when first proper signs of spring appeared, I opened up my closet, proudly took out this beautiful LULU COUTURE dress I bought this winter (and hadn't had much chance to wear it because it was freaking freezing out there) and decided to style it the only way I know - my way - which ment pairing it with some crazy tights from CALZEDONIA (I literally bought the entire collection this season, call me insane but I love them too much) and my beloved VANS leather sneakers that I'll soon retire because the temperatures are slowly rising and that in my world means living in Converse and Startas sneakers until next winter comes (and some flats as well).
The thing is, I've always been a sneakers kind of girl. Ever since I was a kid, when my mum used to dress me up in in all sorts of crazy colorful and stylish combinations and almost always paired my skirts and dresses with sneakers. I guess that's where I got it from and somehow fell in love with it (even though I wasn't always fond of it as a child...).
And if you're considering giving this style a try but aren't sure how to actually style it, here are some tips and tricks that never fail me:
* Know your style inside out and be well aware what pieces make you feel insanely confident. If sneakers aren't your thing or you feel too ordinary or underdressed in them, just skip this and choose something else instead. The key is to feel fierce and great in your skin - it's all about the attitude.
* Always go for a brand of sneakers you truly adore and screw the current trends. For example, everyone is currently wearing those ugly Pumas and some furry Reeboks and god almighty I could never imagine myself buying them. Wear what you love, even if that means a good old pair of black Cons. Some things never go out of style for a reason.
* Know what lenght of skirt / dress fits you the best. In my case that's a short one because I'm petite and everything longer than that literally sucks me in. And since sneakers are basically flats but completely casual ones, make sure you don't end up looking like Donald Duck once you get dressed up. Knowing what looks great on you is half the job.
* Clash colours, prints and textures. Contrast is everything.
And finally the most important one:
* Feel amazing in your outfit. Literally every single piece should make you feel 'wow' and you should be excited about wearing it. That way when your look is complete you'll feel more empowered, awesome and confident in your skin, which is one of the reasons why we love fashion as much as we do and why we constantly rave about it.
P.S. Don't forget to have fun!